Saturday, March 26, 2016

TIME FOR SOME REFLECTION

My husband watched football games, while my
first born grandson ran around on the hockey rink.
Granddaughter & my 3 girls were swimmers.
Neighbor gals play soccer. My son loved softball
and me? Have been a basketball fan ever since High
School and even later..watching our NBA  Lakers
since 1962 when they left our home state of Minnesota
and made their way to L.A  . Rearing 4 kiddies, A few
games of course I could only watch some of their
plays but kept up my enthusiasm for our Lakers always.
The stories told of players of yesteryear amaze me still
when I get into a discussion of the older games and
of their players. Some have gone on now to coach,
others to be at the mike explaining games play by play.
It makes my heart swell in memories and I can become
probably a dull conversationalist for others at times
remembering the players and some of games played.

Into my third month now for recovery from a fall
I took January 18th when I broke my left hip.
Family came to my aid, friends from out of state
even and neighbors rallied around me with my
needs like I could never have dreamed of. The
love and the caring shows such real constancy
with my new found frailty that it humbles me 
beyond belief. How to honestly thank you all for
your hovering and your kindness shown? I pray
no body (especially in aging years) has to handle
what I have been going through but there is
a rainbow here to share too. At the hospital
it was learned that medication I have been taking
to help with my escalating blood pressure,
for past 3 years was depleting my kidney function.
So, like we are told ever since babies, "things
all too often do happen when they are supposed to"
And therefore, in my eagerness to get well, I sit
and offer my own personal prayer for thanksgiving
for my falling episode to have happened so hopefully
this lady will never have, to go on dialysis.

Easter Sunday coming up and we as Christians
breathe deeply in respect and give our thanks
what all this time of rejoicing really signifies and
not just the pretty sought after eggs either, but
reflect upon our gratefulness in knowing the
true reason we are gathering together with
family to have some quiet moments of inner voice.

This then, will be my very last blog. One I have enjoyed
writing ever since February 2010 when my mid-
daughter felt I would  like writing up these blogs
for myself and for all the  NBA Lakers fans. However,
will not end this offering until I share with you the fun I
had on March 18th, Friday, in L..A. at Staples Center
watching for the very first time, in person, a Lakers game!
This one was played against the Phoenix Suns and 
although left far behind in scores, we crept up in the
4th quarter to rally with hope and anxiety that if
Ryan Kelly had only made those 2 baskets at foul
line, we just might have had the opportunity of squeezing
in a victory. Not to be, yet my heart hammered within
my chest all the same. From the first entry into
the building, patience, courtesy and kindness
was demonstrated to me and my grandson that
allowed this grandma to see 3-18-16 game, it made
me ever so proud to witness the show of  such care
given us. I thank you as I say my good byes and just like
our Kobe Bryant is bidding farewell this season, I too
bid each and every one of you a loving farewell.
I look forward to next season to see our Lakers on court.
Again I do thank you for your loyalties given me . 
Goodbye now.
BABS WELLS


And to this, Babs' Editor, WenDee her youngest daughter, wants you all to know how much we enjoyed this time to share with you all. God Bless, and Lakers for the Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment