Sunday, May 20, 2012

A WIN AND A NEAR WIN

We did it! And it sure felt good!
As my newspaper states, "They are nothing
if not resilient, these Lakers!"
Yes, a younger and much more athletic
team found in OKC Thunder, but on Friday
our team showed up with so much power
and determination, that we beat them
99-96. In fact, we made 41 of 42 from
the line! Kobe made a team-leading
36 points. A ball scuffle ended with the
referee's giving both Metta World Peace
and OKC Russell Westbrook technical fouls.
Ramon Sessions stepped up to the plate
with making 10 points on 4-for-07
shooting. The Thunder had not played a
road game since quarterfinal series
May 5th. and seemed lost defensively.
Game four was not to be nearly as kind
to us though. Playing so well in the
first three quarters, our opponents, 
took control finally and propelled the
ball with a 3-pointer to give us the
sad score with a loss of 103-100.
So now the Thunder has the lead in
the finals of the best of 7 series
with 3-1 and can eliminate us with
a victory in game 5 on Monday night
in Oklahoma. The winner of the series
then plays the winner of the Clippers/
San Antonio Spurs series. Strength vs.
speed always makes for an intriguing
battle and so it was once again in game
four in L.A. Even in flexing our muscles,
we dropped the lead and lost the game.
My writing skills have been honed and
my enthusiasm has rallied for "my boys".
(The Lakers) and I have enjoyed every
single minute of reporting to you with
their antics and their prowess in tow.
Now, I am going on a three day holiday
so will not be able to continue in
this vein for the ending of the series.
My youngest daughter, my cohort in
helping me post all of these articles,
lives in Oregon and will be posting
the writings for what so ever is up-
coming to end this particular season.
Welcome her please and give her your
attention for her own words. I introduce
to you, my Yahoo.com daughter,
Wendace Lynn. My babe. Hugs, honey.
Babs Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment